2014 Tucker Design Awards
Entries are due by August 16, 2013. Submissions are due by October 4th, 2013.
Submission Binder with CD will be mailed to each entrant after receipt of entry form. All submissions should be made with the anticipation of accepting an award in person. Each winning designer receives complimentary admission for two to the awards ceremony in Chicago, IL June 25, 2014.
All binder requirements should not exceed 8 1/2″ by 11″ format and fit neatly in the binder in the following order.
- Project Description. The description should include the requirements of the client; a description of how the requirements were met; a description of the project’s function and an explanation of why natural stone was selected. Do not exceed 500 words. No reference to the designer of any kind should be visible on any of the documents, plans or photographs included in the submission binder.
- Site Plan.
For buildings the plan should indicate location and use of stone (include a floor plan, section and elevation drawings to illustrate the design and use of stone).
- A line drawing showing a typical stone installation detail.
- A separate sheet with the name and address of the Project Participants. Include design firm and consultants, the project owner, the general contractor or construction manager, the stone installer, the stone supplier and the type of natural stone used. Please clearly indicate any Architects in Association. This reference document is for BSI purposes only and will be removed from the submission binder prior to jury review.
- Project Photos up to 12 – 8” x 10” or 8 1/2” x 11” color, professional quality photographs of differing views.
Images should be carefully selected and identified to include:
- An overall view of the structure
- Views of the exterior
- Views of the interior (where stone is used)
- Close up views of special details.
- *If this project is a renovation or restoration at least four of the photographs should be of the project prior to work.
In addition to the printed version for your binder, use the enclosed CD to also submit the following in digital format:
- Project Description. Electronic version of the printed document above. MS Word format (min. 97-2003)
- Project Participants. Provide a separate document containing the name, address, phone and email of the key Project Participants. Include design firm and consultants, the project owner, the general contractor or construction manager, the stone installer, the stone supplier and the type of natural stone used. Please clearly indicate any Architects in Association. This reference document is for BSI purposes only. Do not place copy in the binder.
- Project Photos. Electronic files of printed images (minimum 300 DPI, JPEG format)
In the event your project is selected you will be required to submit the following:
- Invitation mailing list including email addresses (winning firms receive complimentary admission for two).
- Completed Photo Release Form*
- Press Release publication preferences and contacts
Completed submission binders must be received on or before October 4th, 2013.
*By submitting your photos and photo release, BSI reserves the right to use all copyrighted photos to publicize the competition. BSI additionally reserves the right to disqualify an incomplete submission. Representatives from the award winning firm must be present at the June 2014 program to receive the award. Submission contents will not be returned.
If you have any questions, please contact the BSI at (518) 803-4336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Students should click here for the Student Submission Guidelines.